Sights in the Neveklov environs
Church of Mary Magdalene in Bělice
The church dates back to the first half of the 14th century when it was mentioned as a parish church of the same consecration. In the 18th century it was rebuilt in baroque style and at the same time the adjacent parish office was completed. The church of Bělice used to be a pilgrimage place of local importance, until 1948 processions from surrounding parishes used to come here.
Church of St. Wenceslas (Václav) on Chvojínek
The early gothic church standing on a hillock is an impressive dominant. It was built at the end of the 13th century, in mid-14th century it is mentioned in written annals together with the owners of a stronghold which used to stand in its vicinity. The royal workshop from Písek and Zvíkov probably participated in its construction.
Lookout Tower on Neštětická hora
It was built in 1927 on the occassion of the 300th anniversary of a peasant uprising suppression. Despite its current neglected technical condition it has until now remained an important tourist destination at an elevation of 536 meters above sea level. Collectors can find a tourist stamp and a card with this lookout tower at the information center.
Originally renaissance chateau from the 16th century which had arisen from an extension of a fortress, was rebuilt in baroque and late baroque styles after 1670 and then extended by Pachtové of Rájov in the 18th century. In the 30s of the 19th century Jacques Louis des Poutales had it rebuilt again. The building development was completed by a neo-baroque adaptation of the garden front in 1914 and 1921-23 which was topped by a portico in 1935. The building is now a seat of the Institute of Social Services, but the precincts as well as the chateau park are accessible to the public.
Chateau in Jablonné nad Vltavou
The chateau was built in the first half of the 18th century, probably on the place of an original water fortress and it underwent many adaptations in the second half of the 19th century which resulted in its present neo-classicist appearance. It is a typical representative of a gentry residence. Currently you can visit an exposition of luxury stylish furniture of the Royal interier company. The adjacent chateau park is also accessible.
Ruin of Kožlí Castle
The ruin is situated on a steep wooded headland above the confluence of the Tisemský and Janovický streams. A gothic castle was mentioned here in 1318, in 1468 it was conquered by the king Jiří and then devastated. The castle is mentioned in 1495 as a fortress on the Konopiště estate, but since 1500 it has been referred to as desolate. The ruin is freely accessible.